Tuesday, June 16, 2009

38wks and job hunting :)

I am 38 weeks tomorrow! That means Rebecca could come just about anytime now.
We are really excited!

At first being a parent fills your head with 100 things at once and makes you nervous, but she is going to come here and turn our lives upside down no matter what, so we might as well be happy and positive about it! There will be lots of stressful things, but there will be lots of fun and good things too!
I am glad to say I am still working about 15-20 hrs a week and I feel well enough to do even more if it wasn't for my feet! So, I am doing really well and feel great other than that random swelling after standing or walking for a while.

The job hunt is looking up as Elementary Teacher positions open up, not only in Hampton Roads, but right here in VA Beach. I have been able to apply for about 10 positions right here in the beach and am hoping and praying these are just the start of more to come!

I also keep telling myself that this can be a last minute thing. Some of my friends didn't get offered their first teaching jobs until August and that was a few years ago when there were a lot more opportunities around here.

...And just to share...

Since I didn't go to my Master's Degree graduation last month and I JUST discovered these pictures hiding on my parents' computer, this is my ODU Bachelor's Degree graduation 2008:


What graduations are really all about is right on David's face!: People sitting for hours waiting for the person they are there for to FINALLY get done with the darn ceremony that has sucked a day out of all our lives.

These are the things we do for people we care about :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter