Thursday, June 25, 2009



Maybe this isn't the most momentous occasion ever, but it has a great impact on me:
I am DONE, and I mean DONE, with Hallmark.

Some of you may be utterly relieved that you will no longer hear stories of customers and whatever happened ornament-related lately, and I don't blame you at all, but being done with Hallmark leaves me with mixed feelings


I don't think it's the store itself. I could care less that I never take inventory on cards ever again, but I think I feel lost because I have been thrown out of my comfort zone.
I worked there for what would be 5 years as of August. I stayed there the entire time I was in college, doing practicums, and student teaching. I was so incredibly comfortbale with this job. I knew what I was doing from the inside-out and I knew all my co-workers really well.


Now I'm home and I think the time between now and when the baby arrives will be the hardest.
I am use to being INCREDIBLY busy. I am use to working about 30-35 hrs a week AND being a full-time student. This past Spring I was student teaching 40 hrs a week and still working about 20 at Hallmark and let's not even talk about the time I spent at the Child Study Center last Summer. I guess I lived in stress and I was use to it.
Now, I am doing nothing but waiting...and taking care of the crippled husband,
so we're actually home together for the time being.


Dave just had knee surgery last Friday.
They fixed his torn miniscus (sp) and he will be on crutches for a few weeks, but is hoping to return to work ASAP. He will be taking a week off for the baby tho :) when she FINALLY comes!!




It's ALSO Dave's bday.


He is TWENTY-FOUR! :)

1 comment:

  1. 5 years of Hallmark! :) Congrats! I'm sure you have enough ornament customer stories to tell for many years to come. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter