Friday, August 28, 2009

After 5 LONG years..I am now officially, without a doubt a TEACHER!


The Summer is coming to a close and although I basically haven't been working since June I've been VERY busy.

Looking for a job is the most time-consuming thing a person can do. In fact, to find a good job you really need not to have a job so you can attend interviews until you find one! THAT is not right. How is anyone suppose to make their lives better if they have to quit their current job just to 'look" for another one. It's not right...but that is how it is.

Luckily, after putting an application in for every school district around here, including the neighboring state of North Carolina, I was fortunate enough to be offered a real, live teaching job. I was getting very scared that I would have NO job at all and with a new baby that is REALLY scary.

First I was offered a job in Portsmouth and I don't even know why. I had been to about 10 interviews after I had this "winning" one. This one went HORRIBLE and it was the ONLY one that had been like that. I just KNEW when I left that school that they were not going to hire me. To my surprise, just a few hours later, I received a call and a job offer. I orginally accepted this offer and was pumping myself up for third grade...

then as I was walking through Target I got another call from an interview I had almost a week ago. This time it was Newport News and although people may think I'm crazy for travelling this far every day, the school there was SOO much nicer and the interview went so much better. The staff was also the friendliest I had met and I love the idea of teaching pre-k a lot better. :)

The job is ALL-day pre-school. It's the same group of students from 930-4 with NO NAP.

I will have 18 students and a teacher's assistant, but the greatest thing I think is that every Wednesday the students leave 3 hours early and the teachers get a planning time for themselves!

I haven't even received my classroom yet and "Meet your Teacher Night" is September 3rd!

"YAY! Mom's a Teacher!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter